I haven’t done a What I Ate Wednesday post in a while!
I don’t have any great pictures to show you but I have been eating some delicious food and wanted to share
- Soupy bowls of sweet quinoa with cooked with blueberries or dried fruit and stevia. I was inspired by this recipe from Dr. Oz.
- A slice of multigrain bread with Greek yogurt and cinnamon.
- Chicken sausage and fruit.
- A re-creation of one of my favorite breakfasts from Costa Rica. My healthy version of a typical Tico breakfast casado with brown rice, egg whites and beans cooked together with cumin, garlic, paprika and salt.
- Still eating lentil sloppy joes.
- Crock pot salsa chicken – couldn’t be easier to make! Dump some chicken, a jar of salsa and frozen veggies into the slow cooker and set to high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Raise the Roof Vegan Sweet Potato Lasagna from the Engine 2 Diet. I was a skeptic with this recipe but HOLY VEGAN it is good. I can’t wait to make it again. Don’t let the list of ingredients or prep work involved scare you off. You can basically use whatever vegetables you have around and it will turn out fantastic.
- HUGE salads. After I did the juice cleanse I had some leftover produce to use and so started eating giant salads for dinner in an effort to not waste food. I’ve been topping a hearty portion of romaine lettuce with cucumbers, carrots, chickpeas, macadamia nuts, shrimp, eggs – whatever is in the fridge. My go-to dressing is a mixture of apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning. I’ve been loving all the crunchy fresh goodness and that I don’t have to cook anything after a long commute.
- Sweet potato fries and tilapia.
- Oatmeal is my new 3 p.m. snack – 150 calories and fills me up for hours. Love it.
- Fruit – apples, pears, clementines, blackberries. Mmmm.
I’ve been putting my Ninja blender to good use!
- My favorite combo so far is a slushy of cantaloupe, ice, stevia and vanilla extract. YUM.
- I’m also loving a combo of frozen blueberries, vanilla, almond milk and ice – to me it tastes just like vanilla ice cream.
- Hot tea. My favorite is Celestial Seasonings apple cinnamon.
Starting weight: 243
This week: 156
Total lost: 87
Click here for every weigh in, ever.